Sunday, July 03, 2005

Get Award winning journaling software for you to write, reflect, record, and review in a secure and private environment.

Celebrate the Fourth!

Happy Fourth of July Everybody!

I can hear fireworks in the background as I write these words, which brings back childhood memories of watching fireworks over the bay, about a block from my parents house. The bright colors and designs in the sky juxtaposed against the serenity of their own reflections in the placid water underneath. Almost the entire town lined the grassy banks, settled onto blankets with only the pows and bangs of the displays, and our own oohs and ahs , as sound effects.

As many citizens of the United States, I am prone to ponder our history this weekend, my own part in helping to create who and what we are as a country and what I would like to see us become during my lifetime. I go back to my grandmother's motto: Whether you know it or not you live by what you believe. I pray to continue to be conscious of my beliefs, how they are developing and growing, and how who and what I am can contribute in a positive way to our culture. I also believe that everything we do makes a difference. Just as every person who has gone before us has made their mark, so do we each day of our lives.

Have a safe and happy holiday.

The Writers Store
Software, Books & Supplies for Writers & Filmmakers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home